Friday, April 3, 2009

FILM:: ACTOR, JAMES FRANCO LISTS HIS TOP 10 CRITERION COLLECTION FILMS

Photobucket
Photobucket

Don’t let that pretty grin fool you as just another clueless actor. For those who don’t know, Milk actor, James Franco, recently dropped out of the film industry to pursue an education in fiction writing at Columbia University and film direction at NYU. Aside from spending arduous hours hitting the books and working behind a camera, Franco is also a devoted collector of Criterion films. Most recently, he’s listed his top ten choices – but not without forgetting a few favorites.

“I am obsessed with the Criterion Collection. I have included more than ten, but I have lumped them by director. After compiling this list, I realized that I don’t have Fellini, De Sica, Godard, or Truffaut on here. Or Kurosawa, Jarmusch, Buñuel, or Fuller. Basically, I have every disc in the collection, and I am making my way through them all. It’s rare that I watch one I don’t like.”

OFFICIAL SITE::JAMES FRANCO CRITERION FAVORITES

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know much about james franco so its cool to see this side of him.

Dianna said...

To Anonymous above^ - If you'd like to know even MORE about Mr. Franco, go here - heyfranco.blogspot.com
jamesfranco.proboards77.com

Anonymous said...

thanks! i will check it out. i know i'm a late fan, but his performance in MILK was brilliant. i didn't care much for him before.

Related Posts with Thumbnails