Monday, November 27, 2006

Panasonic-Lost in Chiapas



Being that I'm from Guatemala, I feel some sort of cultural duty to post this. However, I'm not too crazy about it. When it comes to advertising, I'm all about taking out the obvious (i.e an electronics commercial actually showing the capabilities of a device) However, I don't think this commercial did the product any justice. Now I realize the metaphor behind the commercial; showing people something they've never seen before. But even still, the colors were not rich enough and the mood wasn't sincere. I have no desire after this commercial to buy...what is it that they're advertising? Right...a TV.

On the flipside, I enjoy that everyone has their own perspective of what good advertising means.


Agency: Toronto's Bensimon Byrne
Production Co: Soft Citizen/Furlined
Director: Mark Molloy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails