Wednesday, May 14, 2008

MV::ARIEL PINK "GRAY SUNSET" DIRECTED BY TRAVIS PETERSON



I devoured Ariel Pinks extreme experimentalism, back in the day when musician Dino Felipe of Schematic Records introduced me to him. It was then, that I was jolted into this bizarre sort of dream-like appreciation for this unique artist. He’s a bit glam rock, but at the same time, not definable. He purposely sounds distant and faded, like listening to an old 8 track or record. He’s androgynous and oddly sexy. This music video is very recent, but the track is off Pink’s The Doldrums album, which released in 2004. The video is directed by Travis Peterson. Also, I think he's hypnotizing me. I keep watching this video over & over again!

ARTIST::ARIEL PINK
TRACK::GRAY SUNSET
RECORD LABEL::PAW TRACKS
DIRECTOR::TRAVIS PETERSON

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails